Are wireless smart homes in Roanoke a wise choice?
In the not-so-distant past, home security systems were limited to wired equipment connected through a long installation. Those days are over. Wireless innovation has revolutionized the market and created a wealth of opportunities for families.
Are you trying to determine if a wireless smart home in Roanoke is the best choice for you and your family? See what you need to know about going wireless.
What you should know before going wireless
The backbone of any wireless setup is a secure link to the internet. Reliable, speedy internet and a compatible wireless router are the main elements you’ll need. If you haven’t replaced your router in a couple of years, consider making the change now to take advantage of the newest performance enhancements.
If you live in a location without trustworthy high-speed internet or cellular coverage, you may be better suited with a hard-wired connection. And, it may be a better move monetarily to stick with an existing configuration if you move to a house pre-wired for security.
Irregardless of where you are located, internet and utility blackouts can happen. With this in mind, look for security options with cell and battery backups to maintain your connection.
What are the benefits of a wireless smart home in Roanoke?
Defending your property against common dangers like break-ins and fire is the chief objective of any home security system. You can accomplish this with hard-wired and wireless systems, but if you wish to take advantage of the newest advancements, a wireless smart home is your best choice. When you install a wireless system, you can enjoy the following:
● Remote access: Would you like to be able to secure your doors or view live clips from your mobile device? A wireless smart home offers a level of control and access you’ve never experienced. You can remotely check or change any integrated components, like your smart thermostat or locks.
● Instant notifications: You can not only access your system, but it may also reach you. If one of your sensors is tripped, a notification will be sent immediately to your cell phone app. You’ll always be alerted when the system goes off, regardless of where you are.
● Adaptable and scalable: Different from wired implements, you can place wireless alternatives just about wherever you wish. Would you like to have a video camera on your desktop or in your kid’s bedroom? No problem! It’s also straightforward to remove or add components from your wireless smart home.
Possible disadvantages of wireless systems
Despite the fact that wireless smart homes in Roanoke have proven safe and beneficial, there are a couple of potential disadvantages. You should consider the following:
● You might have to switch out batteries. If you incorporate battery-powered components, there’s always the possibility of an interruption when the battery dies. However, smart devices will inform you when the battery is depleting and usually last for years without requiring a replacement.
● Placement of devices. There may be a limit on how far you may install wireless components away from the central command hub. This isn’t likely to be a concern in the majority of homes, but you need to ask about the distance before installing.
● There’s a threat of online hacking. Just like any computer network, the threat of hacking exists. But you can significantly minimize this risk by incorporating secure passwords, always changing default settings, and choosing routers with integrated security.
Design your Vivint wireless smart home in Roanoke today!
Experience everything a wireless smart home can provide by customizing your own with a Vivint representative today. You’ll appreciate having access to your Roanoke security system from anywhere. Reach out to (540) 340-9398 to begin.