Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Roanoke smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your security system as it links your cameras, locks, thermostats, and security sensors into one united system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touchscreen puts you in total command of your Roanoke home’s automation and security. Get a better idea of how it can benefit you and check out suggestions to get started.
What can you do with the Vivint Smart Hub in Roanoke?
Connecting wirelessly to sensors and other implements with radio wave transmissions and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your property. You may disarm or arm your system, program lights, set the temperature, and more. When incorporating a doorbell camera, you may even speak to someone standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes cellular capability and a backup battery for added reliability. It also provides total remote access and control via the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s a sample of the duties you can perform:
- Review real-time or recorded video from all connected surveillance cameras
- Arm and disarm your home security
- Switch lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Modify your thermostat’s temperature
- Speak directly to monitoring professionals
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Roanoke by setting schedules or creating rules. For instance, you can have your smart thermostat change automatically every night at a specified time. Or, you can add preferences like having your doors unlock if the smoke alarm triggers.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your security system
Before you delve into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll want to grasp how to arm and disarm your system. It’s simple - just follow these instructions:
- Tap the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay signifies you will be in the home and arms everything excluding interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away means you will be gone, and all sensors in the home will arm.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
You’ll observe a warning if something is blocking the system from arming. For instance, an open window or door will urge you to take action. Keep in mind that you can still arm the system by using the instructions above. You will then confirm you want to bypass the sensor that isn’t ready.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Roanoke
Although many users can be programmed when your system is installed, you may want to add an additional user down the road. Here’s how it’s done.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right-hand side of the main screen.
- Press “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Press “Name,” enter the new user, and hit the Next button.
- If you would like to provide the user remote functionality, select email or phone and enter the information to send an request.
- Touch Next and then enter a PIN for this new user.
- To remove a user, proceed to the menu, tap users, pick the user you wish to delete, and then tap “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Do you want to take control of your home’s automation and security through an easy-to-operate touchscreen panel? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Roanoke security system. Contact (540) 340-9398 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.